Rechargeable Batteries for Electric Wheelchairs & Scooters
Our mobility scooter batteries and power chair batteries are sold in pairs. The batteries for electric wheelchairs sold here definitely deliver more power/performance than like-sized units from other brands!Not sure what the difference is between AGM and GEL batteries?
See the explanation at the bottom of this page.
Use this Battery Guide by Manufacturer
to determine which Battery is recommended for your scooter or wheelchair.
If you're using a scooter or powered wheelchair that runs on batteries, you'll be happy to know that recent developments in battery technology have now produced a line of sealed gel batteries that are safer, more powerful and longer lasting than the old-style wet lead/acid batteries. When your scooter battery or wheelchair batteries have worn down and require replacement, you'll have to pay a bit more up front for these newer sealed gel batteries, but with the longer life expectancy, you'll save money in the end. You'll also have batteries that truly require no maintenance and share none of the explosion or acid-burn risks of the more conventional lead/acid units.
What you need to know about Wheelchair and Scooter Batteries:What is the difference between Deep Cycle and SLI batteries?
What is an AGM versus GEL battery?
- Deep cycle batteries are designed to be regularly discharged and recharged
- SLI is an automotive type battery that is designed to provide a rapid burst of power and then be quickly recharged by an alternator
- AGM the electrolyte is suspended in fiberglass mat separators which act as absorbent sponges
- GEL the electrolyte is suspended in silica-based GEL as a thick pasty material
- AGM batteries have higher capacity than GEL batteries in equal cases
- AGM has higher discharge rates than GEL
- AGM has higher capacity (more daily range)
- GEL construction is more temperature stable, operates on wider temperature range
- GEL construction allows lead-acid chemistry to charge more readily than AGM
- GEL requires a longer initial use period to reach optimal performance than AGM
A fully charged deep-cycle battery provides reliable performance and extended battery life. Keep your batteries fully charged whenever possible. Batteries that are regularly discharged, infrequently charged, or stored without a full charge may be permanently damaged, causing unreliable operation and limited battery life.
If you do not use your power wheelchair or scooter regularly, we recommend maintaining battery vitality by charging the batteries at least once a week.
Battery Physical Size Chart
|MU-1 SLD G||12||31.6||23-lbs||7.71"||5.18"||7.22|
|M40-12 SLD G||12||40.0||32-lbs||7.76"||6.62"||6.87"|
|M22NF SLD G||12||51.0||37-lbs||8.99"||5.47"||9.24"|
|M17-12 SLD M||12||18.0||13.82-lbs||7.13"||2.99"||6.57"|
Use the Battery Chart
to determine which Battery is recommended.