PressureGuard CFT Non-Powered Mattress
Non-Powered mattress uses Static Air.
The PressureGuard CFT Mattress uses patented Constant Force Technology™ to automatically adjust the mattress's network of interconnected air cylinders and elasticized reservoirs to the appropriate, therapeutic levels for each patient, regardless of their weight or position on the surface. Delivers customized pressure reduction comparable to low air loss, while providing patient with a stable surface to maximize functional ability and maintain safe positions.
Provides a clinically effective solution for pressure ulcer prevention and treatment, and the cost effective alternative when resources limit care options. A proven option for prevention in the high risk ICU / CCU environment, and for care of the post-skin graft patient.
Includes all the standard features of other PressureGuard products, including patented Geo-Matt® anti-shearing top surface, exclusive Heel Slope™ feature, and Safety Edge™ stability bolster system.
PressureGuard CFT requires no set-up, is shipped patient-ready, and is simple to maintain. Refer to circled numbers in image above:
- Cover - The bacteriostatic top fabric is fire resistant, fluidproof, tear resistant, cleanable, and replaceable. The pleated design allows full integration with the mattress’s Geo-Matt style shear-relieving surface while minimizing hammocking.
- Foam Topper - The patented Geo-Matt ® style foam topper is a high density, medical grade foam. The unique geometric design consists of over 800 individual cells, each of which acts individually to redistribute pressure, to reduce heat and moisture buildup on the skin, and to reduce shear to underlying tissues. This foam topper is 2" in height and includes the unique Heel Slope ™ feature, designed to further reduce pressure for the sensitive heel area.
- Safety Edge Bolsters - The patented Safety Edge™ consists of a firm 2-part foam bolster whose inner edge contours under pressure to direct the patient towards the center of the mattress. This adds to patient stability in sitting and lying down, and helps prevent falls and entrapment between the siderail and the mattress.
- Air Cylinders - Four individual, interconnected air cylinders and two elasticized reservoirs that automatically customize pressure distribution to the individual patient. (Note: Bariatric models of 42", 48", and 54" widths have 6-8 cylinders, and 3-4 reservoirs.) Air flows among the cylinders in response to the weight of the body to equalize pressure throughout the system, provide a constant, uniform distribution of safe pressures beneath the patient, and prevent bottoming out.
- Maintenance Access Ports - Easy access ports to use with air system renewal kit. Assures proper air pressures are maintained.
Weight limit: 350-lbs on Twin, 500-lbs on Full Size, 750-lbs on Bariatric
Air Renewal KitCalifornia Prop 65 Warning
For best results, perform an air renewal at least every six months.
- Add air, then insert auto adjust valve to bring mattress to ideal level.
- Maximizes comfort and effectiveness.
Return Policy for Span America Mattress
This product can not be returned for hygienic reasons.
If you have questions about this product or need qualified help choosing options please call us at 1-866-722-4581.
See the full Return Policy here: Return Policy
Span America Warranty
If you experience any problem with your Span America Air Mattress at any time regardless of the stage of your warranty, please contact us and we will make every effort to help you.
This warranty applies to the original purchaser and must be purchased from an authorized Span America supplier.