Karman Transport Recliner Wheelchair
MVP-502-TP: Premium Ergonomic Folding Recliner Wheelchair.
Since most recliner chair users do not propel themselves, it only makes sense to offer a chair with "Transport" style wheels. The MVP-502-TP uses 14" rear wheels for superior handling, a comfortable ride for the patient, and space-saving ergonomics for folding the chair and taking it with you. The MVP-502 reclines to a full 160 degrees.Lightweight Chair:
The Karman reclining wheelchair is constructed with high-strength aircraft grade aluminum and weighs only 33 lbs, putting it in the lightweight wheelchair category. Competitor's chairs weigh as much as 50 lbs.Unique seating conquers sliding forward effect:
A key feature of the MVP-502 is it's unique "V" seating. This is an anti-thrust seat that prevents the user from sliding forward when the back is reclined, a problem found on most competing models that has to be addressed with the purchase of an expensive anti-thrust cushion. Karman has addressed and conquered this problem by designing a seat with a slight rear drop so the buttocks stay in place when back is reclined.Includes Seat cushion, back cushion, headrest:
Instead of offering the manufactures options and upgrades at additional costs, we're going to configure the chair for you with ergonomic 2" foam seat cushion, back cushion and padded headrest. It will arrive looking just like the images displayed on our website.Advantages of the Recliner Wheelchair:
The recline system allows patient repositioning or orientation by changing the seat-back angle. Your recliner wheelchair will include Elevating Legrests (ELR's), not just simple Swingaway Footrests. Changing patient orientation throughout the day will:
- Provide increased patient comfort.
- Redistribute pressure points for patients that are at risk of pressure sores.
- Increase sitting tolerance for patients that would otherwise be confined to a bed.
- With included ELR's, provides passive range-of-motion for hips and knees.
The recliner chairs are often used by patients with head injuries, spinal cord injuries, and various muscle diseases.Available seat sizes:
- 16"W x 16"D
- 18"W x 18"D
- 20"W x 18"D
- Flip-back adjustable height ergonomic armrests
- Elevating Legrests with calf-pads
- Folding backrest
- Strap-tension ant-bacterial adjustable seat and backrest
- 1/2" anti-bacterial treated foam seat cushion, backrest and headrest
- Rear brakes
- Flat-free polyurethane tires
MVP-502-TP has 250-lb weight capacity.