The Merry Walker was designed to prevent falls. The Merry Walker will strengthen leg, back and arm muscles through walking safely in the framed device. For a person using a forward pushing walker, pick-up or wheeled walker, by a person who is at risk for falls, these walkers will not decrease the fall risk involved. Any person who is at risk for falls should not be placed in a wheelchair, especially in a wheelchair with a chair alarm, because the person's quality of life has been taken away. Placing such a person in a Merry Walker will not only allow self-rehabilitation to occur with each step, but should the person continue to fall, most of the people will fall backward and sit down on the seat, defraying any injury from a fall.
All-Steel Walker Promotes Security, Safety, Independence. The Merry Walker promotes unassisted walking and greater freedom of movement. Narrow enough to easily fit through bathroom doors, this walker is bottom-weighted to avoid tipping over. Merry Walkers are a non-returnable item.
Seat is available for resting and supports up to 300 lbs. The self-contained, bacteria-resistant seat easily wipes clean.
- Restraint-free or justified/enabler
- Returns independence to people
- Enhances self-rehabilitation
- Reduces the need to use two people to walk one person
- Keeps people ambulatory and allows them to walk independently, not relying on assistance.
- Increases appetites.
- Decreases learned dependency.
- Encourages appropriate sleep patterns.
- Addresses the dignity issue as people are up and walking independently.
- Safety strap for safety/optional Vee Belt for Alzheimer's Disease and related dementia diagnosed people to use.
- Bottom weighted, tip resistant frame
- Reliable twin-wheel casters provide easy movement
- Entire unit folds for storage
- Includes safety strap and side-storage pouch
- 22 W x 11"D Seat
- walker width is 27"
- folds to 12" wide
- Available in 5 sizes for users from 4'5" to 6'4"
- Weighs 28 lbs
- Storage pouch with three pockets
- 16 gauge steel
- Arm rests attached to side arms
- Maximizes physical and mental potential, is restraint
free and restores functional mobility
- Reduces one on one assist with walking and staff needed
to walk individual
- HCPCS Code E0144
- Partial assembly required
Merry Walker products at PHC.