microAir MA95Z Mattress
Alternating Rotation and Pressure with True Low Air Loss - Fully Programmable Mattress System.The MA95 features a Menu driven Control Panel for easy first time setup that will have you up-and-running quickly. The Blower on this unit exceeds 1200 Liters Per Minute
of air through the mattress for True Low-Air-Loss providing the ultimate in skin protection.
The ma95Z performs automatic patient rotation throughout the night or day eliminating manual turning by caregivers. Lateral Rotation turns patient to in any direction to a preset angle for preset period of time. The mattress uses a menu driven system that is easy to follow and provides an array of functions including soft/firm button for patient comfort settings. The Control Panel is menu driven, steps you through the setup process, and allows quick modifications so the system can be customized to individual patient needs. Set it to rotate to either side, at any interval, for any period of time.
This is an aggressive prevention and healing mattress and includes True Low-Air-Loss, the preferred therapy for preventing and treating skin issues:
- Therapeutic mattress for Stage III and IV, or multiple Stage II pressure ulcers
- The MA95Z Mattress System is also used for patients with pulmonary disorders
What advantage is this product?Powerful Therapy:
The advantage of this type of system is the elimination of a caregiver needing to turn or rotate the patient every couple hours and eliminating the use of pillows and wedges to reposition the patient.Pressure redistribution is key to both prevention and treatment of skin breakdown:
- Patients incapable of moving themselves periodically are at high-risk of developing skin issues
- A patient with existing skin breakdown must be repositioned often not only to redistribute weight and pressure points, but to also improve blood flow to injured areas
The MA95Z Rotational Mattress is the most powerful healing tool for prevention and treatment of skin breakdown. The MA95Z offers all 3 therapies:
- Lateral Rotation
- True Low-Air-Loss
MA95Z uses a high-powered 1275 LPM blower to provide True-Low-
This MA95Z Series Lateral Rotation Mattress has replaced the Invacare Turn-Q Mattress system.
Compare the Invacare MA95Z to the MA90Z:
|Lateral Rotation Angle||up to 30 degrees||up to 45 degrees|
|Low Air Loss||on demand||full-time Programmable|
|Low Air Loss Comp/Blower||50 LPM Compressor||1275 LPM Blower|
|Alternating Pressure||10, 20, 30, 60 minutes||Fully Programmable|
|Therapy time setting||10, 20, 30, 60 minutes||Fully Programmable|
|Stays inflated if power loss||YES||NO|
- MA95Z Standard 36W" x 80L" size with 350-lbs weight capacity
The Invacare microAir Lateral Rotation Mattress offers the benefits of true low-air loss, alternating pressure, and lateral rotation. The MA95Z is a deep flotation, true low air loss therapy system that can directly replace specialty hospital beds.
The mattress is portable, and readily attached to most hospital and nursing home beds. The MA95Z replaces the mattress on standard medical beds. It provides continuous flotation in all turning modes assuring that patients do not “bottom out” on a hard bed surface.
Aggressive Therapy:Key Benefits:
With the powerful 1275 LPM blower motor this is aggressive, effective healing treatment for those that need it and incredible prevention therapy.Programmable Rotation:
The microAir Lateral Rotation Mattress is capable of turning/rotating the patient up to 45 degrees. The pump system is programmable so you can set or change rotation intervals. This eliminates caregivers having to manually re-position the patient through the day or night.Best for Prevention and Treatment:
The microAIR Lateral Rotation Mattress combines the benefits of lateral rotation and True Low Air Loss for excellent pressure relief. The system's two selectable turning angles provide the ability to bilaterally rotate patients a full or partial turn. This reduces the risk of complications associated with immobilization. In addition, the MA95Z offers unmatched patient comfort and pressure ulcer management by regulating heat and moisture, relieving pressure and reducing friction and shear. The process is automatic and completely adjustable.Easy-to-use control panel:
The user-friendly control panel allows the system to be customized to meet individual needs. New features like quick CPR deflate, panel lockout, low pressure alarm, and 24-hour backup help improve patient care. As with all microAIR products, the MA95Z is easy to install on a standard hospital bed and simple to operate and maintain. In fact, the microAIR Lateral Rotation Mattress by Invacare benefits everyone. It enhances patient care quality and increases caregiver productivity, all at an economical cost.About Automatic Wireless (Fowler) Mode:
When the bed articulates to 45°, the transmitter in the head of the mattress signals the control unit to increase the pressure in the mattress by 80% to prevent the patient from bottoming out.Function Button:
Lateral Rotation & Head Elevation:
- Left: Rotation to the Left side. The time indicates the rotation duration.
- Center: Rotation to Center. The time indicates the rotation duration.
- Right: Rotation to the Right side. The time indicates the rotation duration.
- Static: Static mode. All air cushions maintain constant pressure.
- Pulse: Set 10 minute pulse time cycle. All of the air cushions in the mattress will remain static at the current pressure settings for 10 minutes, then the pressure in the mattress will decrease by 20% for five seconds. After five seconds, the mattress will once again inflate to the set pressure settings for 10 minutes, then deflate by 20% for five seconds, and the cycle is repeated.
- Multi-Pulse: The cycle duration can be set from 1 to 99 minutes. In this setting, the mattress will remain static at the current pressure settings for the time selected. Then, every two minutes, for the time selected, the pressure in the mattress will decrease by 20% for five seconds. This pulse cycle repeats itself for the selected time. (i.e...if 10 minutes is selected, the mattress will initially remain static for 10 minutes. Then, every two minutes, the pressure in the mattress will decrease by 20% for five seconds. the mattress will then inflate back to the set pressure setting and remain static for the time selected and the cycle is repeated.)
The MA95Z will rotate the patient with the head elevated up to 40 degrees (or until the Fowler adjustment kicks in).
- Automatic turning and static floatation modes
- Easy-to-understand, caregiver-friendly control panel
- Bilaterally turns resident up to 45-degrees at preset intervals from 5 minutes to 4 hours
- Auto-firm feature inflates the mattress to maximum firmness to facilitate patient handling
- Automatic Auto-firm mode shut-off if the unit is left unattended for 30 minutes or more
- Resident weight adjustable on standard size mattress from 75-350 lbs
The MA95Z series mattress is recommended to be installed on medical bed frames with bed side or assist rails. It is preferred that the rails be in the raised position whenever a patient is on the bed. In most cases the bed rails will not exceed the top of mattress.
This is a 25 minute video that will have you up and running quickly.