Extra-Wide Geri-Chair Recliner
This extra-wide Geri-Chair is designed specifically for the larger resident/patient. The extra-wide seat width of 24" and greater weight bearing capacity enables the recliner to comfortably sit and position patients up to 450 pounds.
Extra-wide padded armrests and side panels maximize comfort.
Three-position recliner for patient comfort. The fourth position is a Trendelenburg (or Shock) Position that must be activated by a caregiver — the Trendelenburg Position CANNOT be activated by a patient while in the recliner. In addition, the Series FR587W features a back that can be repositioned via the adjustment lever located on the push handle on the back of the recliner.
- The first position is the Upright Position. This position is ideal for patient transport and can be used to initiate patient treatment / therapy.
- The second position is the First Recline Position and is also known as the “TV” position. This position is ideal for patient treatment, rest and reading.
- The third position is the Second Recline Position and is also known as the “Full Recline” position. This position is ideal for patient treatment, rest and reading.
Dual gas cylinders give smooth power assistance for back position adjustment and Trendelenburg activation.
A unique suspension system self-adjusts to each person, cradling the patient from head to heel and virtually eliminating the risk of “bottoming out”.
Durable, high-impact side tables sit flush with recliner arm to conveniently hold prep materials. Easy to actuate by caregiver. Side table surface is smooth and features tapered edges for easy cleaning.
Durable epoxy coated welded steel frame is easy to clean and maintain.
Quick-release upholstery allows for easy cleaning, removal and replacements. Vinyl upholstered back is sulfide stain, mildew and oil resistant.
Directional wheel lock on right rear caster reduces crabbing of recliner and enables the chair to be moved down hallways with less effort.
Lumex Clinical Care Recliners are equipped with LiquiCell and AEGIS Microbe Shield technologies.
LiquiCell is an ultra-thin, liquid-filled interface specifically designed and proven to significantly reduce shear stress, aiding in the prevention of pressure sores and general discomfort.
AEGIS Microbe Shield works by chemically bonding itself to the treated surface and rupturing the membranes of any bacteria that it comes in contact with, thereby inhibiting microbial growth.Product Notes:
- All FR series chairs meet CA133 Fire Code Regulations.
- 6-8 week lead-time on this product.
- Sorry, once production starts on this item it cannot be cancelled.