- The J3 Back features the most complete portfolio of options we've ever assembled on one order form. It eliminates wading through a stack of order forms to locate the right combination of parts and pieces. Ordering is simple as determining the contour depth, the level of support, the back support height, the user's back width, and the hardware preference. These 5 variables create the single part number that is highly intuitive.
- Today, more and more chairs are purchased with a transit option for use as a seat in motor vehicles. Unfortunately, most replacement backs are not tested and validated for this use. The J3™ is the first back to be transit tested for use on transit wheelchairs.
- The J3 Back features one of the widest ranges of available accessories. Multiple lateral sizes, Spine-Align positioning components, Whitmyer® headrests, Comfort Fit® chest straps, and trunk straps are just a sample of the available options. Best of all, the headrests and chest straps can be pre-mounted at the factory saving valuable time and money.
- When it comes to backrests, preventing excess moisture and regulating temperature are two of the requirements clinicians and RTSs take into consideration. Every J3™ back features special new spacer fabric upholstery designed to wick moisture away from the skin and circulate air flow throughout the cover.
- Never again worry about losing seat depth when adjusting the backrest angle. The J3™ back provides up to 22° of back angle adjustment with minimal to zero loss of seat depth. This is especially helpful for individuals with postural deformities who may require more extreme angles.
How to order the J3 Back:
Order by Style, Height, Posterior Support, Width. (See menus.)
Review order form:
Download and print the J3 Back order form:J3 Back order form
Review J3 Back Styles:
Choose from 4 back support types, each available for wheelchairs with 14-22" seat widths.
See chart below:
Determine desired back height:
Each support type is available in 3 heights: small, medium and tall. For each style (above) hack heights are as follows:
Lower Thoracic: S=6.5", M=8", T=9.5"
Mid Thoracic: S=12", M=13.5", T=15"
Upper Thoracic: S=16.5", M=18", T=19.5"
Shoulder Height: S=21", M=22.5", T=24"
Determine support type:
Not all posterior types are available for the Lower Thoracic and Mid Thoracic back styles. The letter in red circle is reflected in the part# when you order by back style. The chart below shows the types of posterior support offered for each model and size:
Select the appropriate model from the Menus.
Select the Thoracic support style and then the model number from the appropriate Style menu.