Dolomite Rollator Brake Handle w/Cable
Brake handle w/cable for Legacy, Maxi, Symphony Rollators.
These are not universal, they are sized for each Dolomite rollator model.
You must specify which model rollator you have.
Includes the wire cable and black sleeve covering the cable.
How to Adjust Rollator Brake
Brake cables can stretch over time. Adjust the brake cable exactly as you would a bicycle brake.If you cannot figure it out by yourself, take it to a bike shop.
If your break is not applying all the way you probably need the type of simple adjustment suggested in the image below.
The idea is to tighten up the cable to apply more brake at the brake lever:
- Looking at where the cable seats into the brake handle, you will see a lock-nut that keeps the cable seating shaft locked into place.
- Loosen the lock-nut and begin turning the shaft so it extends away from the handle (so you see more of it), this tightens and puts tension the cable.
- Careful, it doesn't require much extension so do this in small amounts
- This is also how you will adjust the parking brake if equipped.
- When you get the shaft length where you want it, lock it in place with the lock-nut you loosened step 1.