Halo Bed Rail
models: 77301, 77302, 77121-ALC
The Halo Safety Ring is actually a series of grab bars at just about any angle. It provides a secure handhold for getting in or out of bed. When used on a hospital/adjustable bed, the Halo is mounted to the bed deck so that it raises and lowers with the head section. When used on a standard home bed, it mounts below the bed frame and includes a pedestal floor support.
A bed assist bar is an important piece of equipment to many who need some extra stability when getting in or out of bed. The Halo Safety Ring is a Bed Rail like nothing else out there. It's extremely strong, stable, made from steel and attaches to the upper (moving) portion of the bed frame on hospital beds. Halo Rails are also available for use with regular, at-home or nursing center beds.
This device is the first to satisfy the guidelines set out by the FDA and the Hospital Bed Safety Work Group, regarding the problem with patient entrapment regularly occurring with the old-style bed rails. The Halo unit is now recommended for all assisted living centers nationwide.
Most Assisted Living Centers require the Halo Safety Rail. It's innovative design utilizes a lateral mattress stay and a circle mount to eliminate the danger of entrapment on all bed types and provides residents with greater mobility and a sense of security. Halo Ring Size:
Diameter of the Halo Ring is 12.5 inches.The Halo Rail is available in 2 models:
See installations instructions:How to mount to your bed
- Hospital Bed model (77301, 77302) attaches to the hospital bed frame and has a turnbuckle cross brace for support. It attaches to the bed top surface so that it raises/lowers with the bed adjustment. The Halo Ring for hospital bed can be purchased with a single ring on one side (77301), or as a dual ring, one on each side of the bed (77302).
- For non-hospital beds see the 77121 ALC (Assisted Living Center) Home Style Halo Rail attaches to a standard bed with a metal frame that the box springs sit in, Halo uses a turnbuckle crossbrace for extra support and has it's own floor stands (pedestals) for even better support. This Home-Style Halo Ring fits up to a Queen size bed.
Standard home-style or Assisted Living Center beds must have a metal frame like pictured above.
The Halo Safety Ring meets and exceeds the federal guidelines established by the FDA and Hospital Bed Safety Workgroup.
Why use the Halo Safety Ring?
Shipping, Delivery and Lead-Times:
We add this note about shipping because we receive so many phone calls requesting Expedited Shipping. This product is made of heavy steel components and packed in a large size box making it expensive to expedite. In addition, the product ships in 2-3 business days. Be prepared for delivery time of 5-10 business days. (ships UPS from Wisconsin).
- Free Shipping - Usually ships in 3 business days FEDEX Ground from Wisconsin.
With the new entrapment guidelines and the decline of traditional bed rails, the Halo Safety Ring meets and exceeds the HBSW and FDA's final dimensional guidelines against bed entrapment. The Halo Safety Ring passes the new "Bed System Measurement Device" pass/fail test that has been approved for Bed System testing by the FDA and state surveying teams.Grab it at any angle
While it looks like something to scare off Vampires and Demons, the Halo Safety Ring is actually a series of grab bars at just about any angle. Available as single side or 2-sided. Rotates 90°
The Halo Safety Ring is designed to rotate ninety degrees (90°) to assist residents during transfers and as a bed mobility device. In order to rotate the Halo Safety Ring, pinch the detent pins and rotate the Halo Safety Ring ninety degree (90°). Detent pins must engage with the holes in Halo Safety Ring bracket prior to use. Always position the Halo Safety Ring parallel with the bed when in use and make sure detent pins are engaged.Materials
- steel construction
- 1000 lb weight capacity on Hospital Bed model 77301 & 77302.
- 500 lb weight capacity on Home Style model 77121.
- Easy to install turn-buckle mounting bracket for hospital beds.
Two styles to choose from: hospital bed or standard home bed. Choose from menu above.
- model 77301 fits all popular size hospital beds up to 44"wide. Single Halo Ring - one side only.
- model 77302 fits all popular size hospital beds up to 44" wide. Dual Halo Rings - both sides of bed.
- model 77121 fits regular home bed. Halo ring on both sides. Fits twin, full or queen bed. Does not fit Adjustable Beds.
Model 77121 (Assisted Living Center, Home-style bed) includes Halo Ring on each side of bed. (double-sided). There is no single sided kit for home-style beds.Description
Halo Safety Ring for Hospital Bed:purchase single side or both sides.
- Easy to install turn-buckle mounting bracket
- The Circular design and vertical mounting bar eliminate entrapment concerns and allow exit points for neck, head, and chest
The Halo Safety Ring articulates with raising and lowering the head of the bed, enabling the resident to maneuver in the bed while in various positions. By locking into place the telescoping tube connector buttons, the Halo Safety Ring can double as a quad-like cane assisting the resident in and out of bed.Halo Safety Ring for Home Style Bed:
home Style includes both sides and fits up to queen size bed.