Zenith Z9000APS Long Term Care Bed
Long-term care presents special needs, for both patient and caregiver, and the Zenith Long Term Care Bed is designed to efficiently satisfy those needs. Dubbed the Zenith Z9000APS, this is a hospital-quality bed built with a little extra oomph. It's made to be both durable and easy to use. The user has full control of the Zenith Z9000 bed’s powerful motors via a hand-held remote, but the attendant also has controls built into the footboard.
This value-priced Zenith 9000 hospital bed offers:
- Near unlimited Trendelenburg positioning, including a chair position
- Bed deck travels anywhere between 7" to 30" from the floor
- Assist rails, under-bed light and battery backup
- Attractive oak head and footboards
The Zenith 9000APS Long Term Care bed adjusts from a low height of 7" to a high height of 30". (add mattress height to this).
Powerful DC motors, innovative design is engineered to keep the bed completely level at all times.
This Long Term Care Bed includes a Battery-Backup system, Attendant Controls built into the footboard, patient hand control, under-bed lighting, a half-length Assist Rail, and attractive head & foot boards. Just add a mattress and you've got a professional setup that will work for any long term care situation in your the home.
Full and Reverse Trendelenburg positioning from 0 to 14 degrees, ideal
for rehab and sub-acute, provides therapeutic benefits that can aid in circulation and ease body discomfort. Trendelenburg also promotes
gravity assist resident self positioning.
The Z9000APS is an advanced positioning bed for numerous positions:
- Positively influencing clinically driven outcomes through multiple positioning options.
- Accommodating post-surgical rehab positioning to facilitate resident comfort.
- Reduces caregiver strain and potential injuries to caregiver and residents caused by manually repositioning residents.
- Multiple positioning such as lounge chair and recliner style functionality provides comfort and relaxation to the resident and also allows for positioning of resident closer to the caregiver for proper care.
- Bed automatically pauses when it returns to level from Trendelenburg, Reverse Trendelenburg or chair position.
- Auto CPR functionality allows for ideal CPR positioning in emergency situations.
- The Cardiac Chair is primarily designed for residents with heart and respiratory problems to whom a semi-erect position brings great relief. The chair can be made to serve as a fully reclined bed when needed, but can also be adjusted to form a chair. This “cardiac position” helps to elevate the patient from the waist up, which provides relief to the lungs, increases circulation, and assists the patient in coming from a fully prone position to a sitting position without causing harm or undue strain.
Bed Package includes:
- Solar Oak Head/Foot Boards.
- Built in attendant controls in Footboard.
- Half-length Assist Rails.
- Under Bed Light.
- Battery Backup in case of power outage.
Safety inspired embedded staff control in footboard:
- Angled for better visibility.
- Two-stage lockouts – lockout of pendant use and lockout of embedded staff control.
- Quick lockout buttons lock multiple functions simultaneously.
- SafeMode automatically locks out high/low feature (unless disabled).
Height travel range: 7" to 30"
Straight vertical rise protects walls and maintains footprint.
Sealed ball bearings ensure maintenance-free, continuous, silent operation.
Synchronized high-low motors keep the bed level for proper therapeutic positioning. When the head position is lower than the heart, lung volume may be compromised, causing airway problems, making it more difficult to breathe. Unlevel sleep surfaces may cause a risk of brain swelling and reduced systolic and diastolic pressures.
Z-Lok function securely locks/unlocks bed to floor at all heights by depressing color-coded foot lever. Intuitive two-pedal locking system is centrally positioned and easily visible from a distance to ensure that the bed is locked. Pedal locks are readily accessible at ALL bed heights and widths, even in the lowest position. Bed rolls at any height reducing caregiver back strain.
Bed provides 360° mobility at ANY height.
Directional mechanism on front caster is accessible at all heights for ease in rolling the bed.
Maximum under-bed clearance for use with overbed tables and patient lifts.
Bed easily adjusts for use at 76'' or 80'' length:
- Adjustable wall saver positions (76'', 80'', and for use with a trapeze) provide the smallest footprint at each length, while protecting the wall (included with bed).
- Adjustable mattress retainer securely supports mattress position for 76'' or 80'' length (included with bed).
- Edema foot ratchet to elevate the foot end of the bed (included with bed).
SilverSolutions within the powder-coating provides antimicrobial surface protection:
- Kills 99.9% of odor and stain causing bacteria
- Lasts for the expected life of the bed
- Non-allergenic and safe for the environment
- High concentration of silver ions gives high efficacy
- Requires no special handling
- A cost effective solution that is built in to last
Highest Safety and Quality Standards
Unrestricted UL Listing
Built to conform to UL 60601-1, IEC601-2-38, and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 601.1 the Zenith Series offers the following ensuring the utmost resident and staff safety:
- Grounded – Standard Hospital Grade Plug.
- No pinch points within 200mm of bed perimeter.
- Bed can be used as a transport device because it passes threshold clearance at ALL heights by 20mm.
- Splash-proof electronics.
- Load capacity and tip-stability tested and approved.
- 15 years on frame
- 5 years on motors and control box (longest motor warranty in the industry)
- 3 years on other electronics
Tool-less assembly minimizes set-up time.
Height Travel Range.......7'' to 30''
Weight Capacity*.......600 lb
Mattress Deck Length.......76"/80"
Mattress Deck Width.......35"
Overall Bed Length (76"/80").......81.75"/85.75" with wall saver
Overall Bed Width.......39" with assist bar
Overall Bed Width.......39.9" with half length assist devices
Maximum back angle.......70°
Maximum knee angle.......30°
The Zenith9000 bed and accessories are in full compliance with the FDA guidelines for reducing the risk of bed entrapment.
Lead Time: Allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Facility Delivery Only. No Residential delivery on this product.
This product requires assembly. Assembly time approx. 15 minutes. Buyer is responsible for assembly. We do not offer Whiteglove Service on this product.
Bed is shipped assembled except for head/foot boards.
Download the Z9000APS Assembly & Service Manual
- Full-Electric - Powered by ultra-whisper, rapid-moving, DC motors.
- Very low deck height of 7" and high position of 30" for caregiver convenience.
- Includes Battery Backup in case of local power failure/outage.
- Includes attendant controls in footboard.
- Grid support deck for superior strength.
Example Head/Footboard colors:
(sorry - available in Solar Oak only)
Non-returnable product. Head/Footboards cannot be swapped out for another color.
9000APS Owners Manual
|Accessories for this product...