Geo-Mattress with WingsTherapeutic Foam Mattress
Safety — Without Compromise.
The supportive, raised perimeter (8" high) on the Geo-Mattress with Wings cradles the patient, helping prevent injury by discouraging independent exits from bed and gently urging user away from danger positions near the edge of the mattress. The Wings fill in the space between the bottom of the side rail and the mattress surface, helping to prevent impingement of extremities.
Instead of the same exposed, hard bolsters others use, the Geo-Matt's raised perimeter features a tissue-friendly Geo-Matt surface from edge to edge. Boasting all the key benefits of the Max, Plus, and Pro, Geo-Mattress with Wings means safety for your residents - and their skin!
All Geo-Mattress models also feature vapor barrier, bacteriostatically treated coversRefer to circled numbers on image above:
Unique vapor barrier fabric
- Cover - The bacteriostatic top fabric is fire resistant, fluidproof, tear resistant, cleanable, and replaceable. The pleated design allows full integration with the mattress’s Geo-Matt style shear-relieving surface while minimizing hammocking.
- GeoMatt cut foam top - The patented Geo-Matt® style foam topper is a high density, medical grade foam. The unique geometric design consists of over 800 individual cells, each of which acts individually to redistribute pressure, to reduce heat and moisture buildup on the skin, and to reduce shear to underlying tissues. This foam topper includes the unique Heel Slope™ feature, designed to further reduce pressure for the sensitive heel area.
- Core - Geo-Matt top surface and entire mattress are made of single density and ILD, high quality foam for excellent value for budget-conscious facilities.
- Raised Perimeter Edges - Stable, high-density side bolster with angled top surface forms a firm base for the Geo-Matt top that covers the mattress top side to side. The bolster and the angled top helps to encourage patients to stay in bed and discourage rolling or unattended bed exits. The raised edge minimizes gaps between the bedrail and the mattress, limiting the risk of entrapment.
- Heel Sope - Heel slope reduces pressure on heels with a subtle taper design that redistributes pressure onto the more load-tolerant calves.
with ultra-low moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR). Fluid-proof coated nylon is easily cleaned and fully radiolucent.Exclusive bottom zipper design
keeps zipper away from patient. Flapless construction creates no collection points for contaminants, and allows easier, more thorough cleaning.Flame-resistant fabric
conforms to NFPA 702 Class 1 and Cal 117 Section E.
Materials will not support microbial growth.Fully articulates
to any standard bed frame in any position.Primary Use:
Prevention of Skin Breakdown, Minimize fall risk due to independent exits from bed.Patient Indications:
- General patient population
- Moderate – High Risk for skin breakdown (e.g., Braden score > 10)
- Decreased mobility
- Repositions frequently by self or caregiver
feature ensures a remarkably low peak pressure at heelsKey Advantages:
- Extra-firm edge bolster
- Edge-to-edge anti-shearing surface
- Heel Slope®
- Hidden zipper for infection control