PressureGuard® APM Bariatric
Unlike other alternating pressure mattresses, the PressureGuard APM does not create extreme pressure gradients between inflated and deflated cylinders.
Segmented top reduces sharp pressure drop-offs, while air system below handles the “heavy lifting,” alternating weight-bearing across the surface in user-selectable intervals. “Two up, one down” inflation pattern ensures maximum patient support throughout the cycle.
On top, the Geo-Matt anti-shearing surface forms a comfortable, therapeutic interface between the air system and the user. It absorbs and smooths sharp pressure drop-offs that other surfaces can't, while the air system does the "heavy lifting" below, alternating weight-bearing across the surface in ten-minute cycles.
Six cylinders are programmed to inflate/deflate in a four-up-two-down pattern, ensures maximum patient support throughout the cycle.Digital control unit features
- up to four times the air output of conventional units
- eight electronically-controlled comfort settings
- programmable cycle times of 20, 25, 30, or 35 minutes
- low pressure indicator and audible alarm
Other standard PressureGuard features include the exclusive Heel Slope taper, and two-part Safety-Edge bolster system for added stability when sitting or transferring. Refer to circled numbers in image above:
- Cover - The bacteriostatic top fabric is fire resistant, fluidproof, tear resistant, cleanable, and replaceable. The pleated design allows full integration with the mattress’s Geo-Matt style shear-relieving surface while minimizing hammocking.
- Foam Topper - The patented Geo-Matt ® style foam topper is a high density, medical grade foam. The unique geometric design consists of over 800 individual cells, each of which acts individually to redistribute pressure, to reduce heat and moisture buildup on the skin, and to reduce shear to underlying tissues. This foam topper is 2" in height and includes the unique Heel Slope ™ feature, designed to further reduce pressure for the sensitive heel area.
- Safety Edge Bolsters - The patented Safety Edge™ consists of a firm 2-part foam bolster whose inner edge contours under pressure to direct the patient towards the center of the mattress. This adds to patient stability in sitting and lying down, and helps prevent falls and entrapment between the siderail and the mattress.
- Air Cylinders - The inflation system consists of four urethane air cylinders that run head to foot underneath the body and the foam topper. These cylinders perform the alternating pressure therapy, Cylinders inflate and deflate in a fixed 10-minute cycle. Inflation levels are designed to provide and maintain low interface pressures throughout the mattress, and to redistribute peak interface pressure points during the alternating cycle.
- Alarm - Features eight electronically-controlled comfort settings, programmable cycle times of 20, 25, 30, or 35 minutes and low pressure indicator with audible alarm.
Weight limit: 750 lbs.
Pump weight: 5.25 lbs., UL listed.
Warranty: 18-months non-prorated.