Adjustable Bed Rails with Twisting/Turning Motion
models: 77301, 77302, 77121-ALC
The Halo Safety Ring is the result of someone who understood the necessity of something vital, adjustable bed rails, but knew the dangers this equipment presented to patients by way of entrapment. A bed assist bar is an important piece of equipment to many who need some extra stability when getting in or out of bed. This Halo Bed Rail is like nothing else out there. It's extremely strong, stable, made from steel and attaches to the upper (moving) portion of the bed frame on hospital beds. Halo Rails are also available for use with regular, at-home or nursing center beds.
This wonderfully inventive device is the first to satisfy the guidelines set out by the FDA and the Hospital Bed Safety Work Group, regarding the problem with patient entrapment regularly occurring with the old-style bed rails. The Halo unit is now recommended for all assisted living centers nationwide.
Most Assisted Living Centers will require the Halo Safety Ring whenever a bed rail is appropriate. It's innovative design utilizes a lateral mattress stay and a circle mount to eliminate the danger of entrapment on all bed types and provides residents with greater mobility and a sense of security.
Halo Ring Size: Diameter of the Halo Ring is 12.5 inches.
The Halo Rail is available in 2 models:
See installations instructions: How to mount to your bed
- Hospital Bed model (77301, 77302) attaches to the bed frame and has a turnbuckle crossbrace for support. It attaches to the bed top surface so that it raises/lowers with the bed adjustment. The Halo Ring for hospital bed can be purchased with a single ring on one side (77301), or as a dual ring, one on each side of the bed (77302).
- For non-hospital beds see the 77121 ALC (Assisted Living Center) Home Style Halo Ring. This model attaches to any standard bed with a metal frame, uses a turnbuckle crossbrace, and has it's own floor stands for superior support. This Home-Style Halo Ring fits up to a Queen size bed and always includes 2 Halo Rings for coverage on both sides.
Standard home-style or Assisted Living Center beds must have a metal frame like pictured above.
The Halo Safety Ring meets and exceeds the federal guidelines established by the FDA and Hospital Bed Safety Workgroup.
Shipping, Delivery and Lead-Times:
We add this note about shipping because we receive so many phone calls requesting Expedited Shipping. This product is made of heavy steel components and packed in a large size box making it expensive to expedite:
- Free Shipping - Usually ships within 3 business days FEDEX Ground from Wisconsin.
- Expedited Shipping - ships next business day for FEDEX Next Day Delivery - so allow 3 business days for actual delivery
Why use the Halo Safety Ring?
With the new entrapment guidelines and the decline of traditional bed rails, the Halo Safety Ring provides an FDA approved bed side assistant for both patient transfers and therapy. The Circular design and vertical mounting bar eliminate entrapment concerns and allow exit points for neck, head, and chest. For patients that need to grab a rail to reposition themselves or exit the bed, the Halo provides sturdy and safe support.
Grab it at any angle
While it looks like something to scare off Vampires and Demons, the Halo Safety Ring is actually a series of grab bars at just about any angle. Available as single side or 2-sided.
The Halo Safety Ring is designed to rotate ninety degrees (90°) to assist residents during transfers and as a bed mobility device. In order to rotate the Halo Safety Ring, pinch the detent pins and rotate the Halo Safety Ring ninety degree (90°). Detent pins must engage with the holes in Halo Safety Ring bracket prior to use. Always position the Halo Safety Ring parallel with the bed when in use and make sure detent pins are engaged.
- steel construction
- 1000 lb weight capacity on Hospital Bed model 77301 & 77302.
- 500 lb weight capacity on Home Style model 77121.
- Easy to install turn-buckle mounting bracket for hospital beds.
Two styles to choose from: hospital bed or standard home bed. Choose from menu above.
Model 77121 (Assisted Living Center, Home-style bed) includes Halo Ring on each side of bed. (double-sided). There is no single sided kit for home-style beds.
- model 77301 fits all popular twin-size hospital bed. Single Halo Ring - one side only.
- model 77302 fits all popular twin-size hospital bed. Dual Halo Rings - both sides of bed.
- model 77121 fits regular home bed. Halo ring on both sides. Fits twin, full or queen bed. Does not fit Adjustable Beds.
- FDA approved bed side assistant for both patient transfers and therapy
- Easy to install turn-buckle mounting bracket
- The Circular design and vertical mounting bar eliminate entrapment concerns and allow exit points for neck, head, and chest
Halo Safety Ring for Hospital Bed:
purchase single side or both sides.
The Halo Safety Ring articulates with raising and lowering the head of the bed, enabling the resident to maneuver in the bed while in various positions. By locking into place the telescoping tube connector buttons, the Halo Safety Ring can double as a quad-like cane assisting the resident in and out of bed.Halo Safety Ring for Home Style Bed:
home Style includes both sides and fits up to queen size bed.
The video below is for the Halo-ALC (Assisted-Living-Center). Non-Hospital Beds.
- Easy removal for bed side transfers and bed therapy
- Promotes bed mobility/decreases skin breakdown
- Permanent locking mechanism to assist resident exiting bed
- 1000 lb. weight capacity
- Turnbuckle style mounting bracket to fit most beds
- Customized mattress stay to prevent lateral mattress movement
- Circular design with a vertical mounting bar to eliminate entrapment and allow for exit points for neck, head and chest
- Easy to install
- Exceeds the 4 ¾” breadth of the Halo Safety Ring for Zone 1
- Exceeds the compressibility of mattress and 2 1/3” gap space along with the 60” exit point for Zones 2, 3 and 4
- Meets and exceeds FDA and Hospital Bed Safety Workgroup (HBSW) alternative dimensional and assessment guidelines
- Lifetime Warranty
How to install 77301 & 77302 on Hospital Bed frame
How to install 77121 ALC on Standard Home Bed
Halo Safety Ring
Halo Instruction Manual
Accessories for Halo Safety Ring:
Halo Circle Pad Protector - Model Number 77118:
Prevents bruising from any medical disorder that might cause the skin to become thin, frail, or to bruise.
Promotes increased safety and a better sleeping environment.
Installs with simple hook and loop attachments.
Halo Limb Protector - Model Number 77116:
Transparent design eliminates any isolation for Dementia & Alzheimer's Patients.
Prevents the upper from penetrating any one part of the Halo Circle.
May be hand washed and air dried.
Halo Gap Space Eliminator - Model Number 77117:
Eliminates Zone 7 Gap Space
Designed to eliminate gaps between mattresses in increments of 2", 4", and 6".
Units may be used individually or together, depending on size of gap to be eliminated.
Each unit has a removable machine washable cover and a three strap system.